Ali Matthews and John Mann are just a couple of the magical voices
filling Stratford’s concert halls, intimate stages and historic
churches throughout November and December. Or come join in song at Christmas
concerts by the Stratford Concert Choir, the Stratford Symphony Orchestra, or the Blyth Festival.
Stratford celebrates music for the holidays with concerts for every
taste. Here are some of the highlights of our musical season:
- The Taverna Revue with John Mann, November 7, 6:00 pm, Pazzo Taverna, $28.25/A. An amazing night of songs and stories with Spirit of the West frontman, singer/songwriter John Mann. This evening will no doubt be an emotional and exceptional experience in Stratford's most intimate setting. Dinner is available in the Taverna pre show. Buy Tickets!
- The Crazy Diamonds, November 8, 8:00 pm, Stratford Masonic Concert Hall, $20pp. 9-piece live tribute to Pink Floyd. The Crazy Diamonds present a danceable selection of classic rock and full album performance while preserving the groovy improvisations that made Pink Floyd's live concerts so legendary. Buy Tickets!
- The Last Waltz, November 22, 8:00 pm, Stratford Masonic Concert Hall, $20pp. Award-winning Canadian musicians perform a tribute to The Last Waltz - The Music of The Band. With Lance Anderson's direction, the return of this show to Stratford brings the true love of the music of The Band back to the hometown of its musical son, Richard Manuel. Buy Tickets!
- Stew's Blues Annual Christmas Party featuring Jack deKeyzer, December 5, 8:00 pm, Stratford Masonic Concert Hall, $20pp. From the fiery Voodoo Boogie, cool and funky All Along the Watchtower, to the all out rock’n roll of Rock Till Ya Drop, Voodoo Boogie sizzles, hypnotizes and conjures up the best of the blues. Buy Tickets!
- Stratford Concert Choir Community Messiah, December 6, 7:30 pm, St. Joseph's Church, $20/Adv, Free/CH under 16. G.F. Handel with the Stratford Concert Choir and a community chorus. Catharine Sadler, soprano; Anna Tamm Relyea, alto; Christopher Mayell, tenor; Gary Relyea, bass; Ian Sadler, organist; and Imre Olah as guest conductor. Buy Tickets!
- Dark Angel: The Music of Roy Orbison featuring Patrick Breal, December 6, 8:00 pm, Stratford Masonic Concert Hall, $30/A. In '89 Patrick Brealey heard Orbison’s posthumous You Got It. 30 years after his first hit, Orbison’s voice once again cut through the airwaves. His mysterious legacy would haunt Brealey as an inspiration for years to come. Buy Tickets!
- Boar's Head Presents Evan Champagne December 12, 9:00 pm, Boar's Head Pub, Free. Singer/Songwriter/Acoustic Loop artist has been performing his original songs and unique renditions of much-loved classics across Ontario & Canada for the past 10 years.
- Boar's Head Presents Sean Pinchin LIVE December 13, 9:00 pm, Boar's Head Pub, Free. Sean Pinchin haunts the GTA with his sultry sounds and elegant verse. Sean found his calling in Folk and Blues, finding the community and the music spoke to his lifestyle and his heart.
- A Wind in the Willows Christmas, December 17 - 30 selected dates, 2:00 pm & 7:00 pm, Stratford Masonic Concert Hall, $25/A $15/CH. Join us on an adventure to Mole End in this heart-warming tale of friendship, generosity & the joy of home for Christmas! 2014 features Graham Greene as Toad! Buy Tickets!
- Stratford Symphony Orchestra A Festive Night, December 19, 7:00 pm, St. James Church, $25pp. The annual Christmas Festive Night, featuring performances by local artists and with lots of audience participation.
- Ali Matthews Annual Christmas Concert, December 20, 6:00 pm, The Church Restaurant, $25 concert. Dinner must be purchased with each concert ticket. GMA Female Vocalist of the Year 2011, 2012 & 2013 celebrates the music of the season special guest, Mike Janzen, jazz pianist/composer/singer and Rick Francis, guitar and Don Reed, fiddle. Buy Tickets!
All prices excluding HST. Additional charges may apply when purchasing